Monday, April 28, 2008

In the home stretch

Last week was a special sub-section of the Steiger School called the Radical Evangelism and Discipleship week. This was held at a nearby Christian camp where we were joined by 8 more students, most of which were from New Zealand. It was an intense time of teaching three times a day for three of the days (compared to having one session a day during the normal school). The two other days had one and two sessions in each one respectively. I know God spoke to many of us during the school. For me it was in finances. Sunday night I was commenting to another student how I would be making better money once I moved to Minneapolis. The next day we sang songs such as "Jesus, All For Jesus." David spoke about how money can be a distraction from what God wants to do in your life. Grrr! I had been thinking about giving stuff to God but my salary hadn't crossed my mind. My assumption is that it was going up. I was annoyed for about a but in the end I gave God my salary, whether it goes up, down, or stays about the same. I didn't want to come all this way, make all these changes, and be held back by such a stupid thing as that.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

yeah, money is a big obstacle we all face. I still am waiting and praying to see what God has for me after graduation and the financials are always a scary thing!

Enjoy your home stretch!! :)