Saturday, March 22, 2008

Worldviews and such

Last week I posted that the healing evangelist based one of his early points on the Israelites leaving Egypt in good health on a verse in the Psalms. This week we had a session on hermeneutics. In it our teacher pointed out that we need to ask different questions for the different books of the Bible and remember that there are many different types of literature in the Bible. For example, the Psalms is poetry. As such it is an expression of people's thoughts and feelings, not necessarily literal truth. We got a copy of the healing evangelist's notes and I'm planning on going back and looking at his references and praying about this.

Wednesday and Thursday we had sessions on worldviews and evangelism. This was a good refresher on these topics along with ideas on how to speak to people with these different worldviews. I plan to refresh myself on these ideas every couple of days because these thoughts are "use it or lose it."

Lastly, Fridays we have seven hours devoted to spending time seeking God alone. So far we've had three such Fridays. I've tried hanging around home, sitting on the beach, and walking the greenway. So far none of the days have been as good as I hoped. Either I've got wrong expectations or I need to keep trying to find that place to be alone and focus and pray.

1 comment:

nighttech said...

Howdy Chief! Hope all is well, surely busy. I hope your solo time with God brings you closer to Him.